6 Top Places To Detect Gold Coins
Article by Adam Brown
Coin detecting is one of the most favorite past time of a metal detectorist, nowadays. They say that it is easier to look for old coins compared to looking for gold. Well, I kind of agree with that as I am pretty sure coins can be found anywhere; as back then we used coins for trading, as we still use them in the present.
What is the best technique to hunt for coins? There is always a best place to go to when coin hunting. Below are the suggested places to go to when you are coin detecting.
1. Church. Old churches are one of the best places to go to when coin hunting as people mostly go to the church every Sunday even back then. The backyard of the church or an old bench can be a good source of coin as many people play and spend time sitting down on a bench. You can mostly find old coins or medieval coins in churches compared to other places.
2. Park. Why parks? Well as you know many people go and relax in the park, especially if it’s a warm weather. They tend to lose there valuables when they are active and busy with their family and friends.
3. Beach. Beach is a good source of coins. Coin detecting in the beaches is fun. I am pretty sure under the sands there are lots of coins hiding there.
4. Schools. Old schools are a good prospect to find old coins. Children go to school everyday so there would be a good chance to find an old coin there. Make sure you do your research first if the school you are prospecting has been around for ages if you really want to find an old coin.
5. Historical places are another good prospect in coin detecting. Research is the first thing to do before you go and start digging. Look for places that have been a center of a crowd before like trading places or an old market.
6. Old bleachers. It is where people sit and watch a game of their favorite team. You may find rubbish while you are coin detecting but I am pretty sure there are coins you can find if you are just determined to look at what you’re aiming for.
There are lots of places out there that you can go to make sure. Start with research about the places before even going there. Old factories, campgrounds, carnival sites, old military bases are good sites to start with. Having the knowledge on where to go hunting is as important as your skills in metal detecting.
Now you are ready to go coin detecting! Get yourself warm up and prepare gadgets in coin detecting. Don’t forget that you need to ask permission first before you start digging the grounds; cover the holes to avoid accidents to other people. Have a positive mind and just enjoy every minute of the hunt. Keep trying if you are not lucky enough to find a good find when you first try to hunt for coins.
About the Author
The author of this article Adam Brown has been in metal detecting for 3 years now.
He shares more tips on detecting gold, metal and coins and other stuff about metal detecting at www.metaldetectingcentre.com. There are plenty of insiders helpful tips, information on buying metal detectors and secrets to be successful in metal detecting inside.